Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Levi

Today has been an emotional day for me. I woke up and realized that it was my good friend Levi's birthday. He has often crossed my mind since his passing this past October. My heart aches for his family today. I got a sweet letter from his sister Becca a couple weeks ago, that I will forever be grateful for, thanking me for my friendship with Levi. What she doesn't realize is that Levi was the greater friend!!!! Like all of us, Levi had his downfalls, but he was an amazing person with a big heart. After his passing I had the AMAZING opportunity to make a quilt for his family made from Levi's clothes. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity!

Happy Birthday Levi!!
We Miss Ya!!!



The front of the quilt was made from a bunch of his shirts


The back was made from his jeans
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Erica said...

What a neat quilt!! You are very talented and sweet. What a great idea, I am sure his family treasures it. You are a good friend. My heart goes out to his family I didn't know Levi very well but he did always make me laugh and always boosted my spirits.

Porter Prodigies II said...

Wow Tiff, what an awesome quilt, such a good idea to have a part of someone forever. Sure do miss Levi and the good time we all had together! Happy Birthday Levi, we know youre having a great time today.

The Reidheads said...

Tiff!! Is there anything you CAN'T do? I swear you are so talented..how sweet of you to make that quilt for the Duncans! It will be treasured FOREVER!! Love and miss you!!

Matt n Jessica said...

The quilt is awesome! What a wonderful keepsake for his family!