Monday, March 30, 2009

Grandma Tenney's 95th

Yesterday, the final day of our spring break get away, we went to my Grandma Tenney's 95th birthday celebration! What a blessing it has been in my life to have amazing grandparents on both sides of the family. She is my only living grandparent and I wish I could spend more time with her listening to her stories and learning from the life she has lived. I don't know very many women who have endured trials the way she has. My Aunt Toni told me one time that she thinks my grandma could commit murder and still get into the Celestial Kingdom! I would have to agree!!
I have often heard stories of her faith and dedication to her family and to the gospel. She often tells the story of when they lived in Mexico when my dad was a toddler and how sick he got and she thought she was going to lose him. It was then that she went to the Lord and made a promise that if he would allow her son(my dad) to live she would re-dedicate her life to the Lord and to the gospel. And she did just that. I know that it was her dedication and example that helped my dad become the amazing person he is today.
I LOVE YOU GRANMDA!!


My dad with all of his siblings
(back row) Diana, Lewis (my dad), Warren, Joe, Bill, Kem
(front row) Linda, Sylvia, Grandma, Kathy, Armeda
They took it easy on Grandma and only made her blow out one candle!

Dad, Grandma, & Mom

I love this picture! My dad kept harassing my grandma about my uncle Joe being her favorite and she gave him the nastiest look!!


Me, My AMAZING Grandma, and Brandon


It was so funny...we were trying to take this picture and my grandma kept looking around at all the kids. After we took the picture she said, "Well Tiffie, exactly how many kids do you have?" I and I said, "We have ten grandma." And she said, "well that is enough to make ME curse out loud!!"

Randy, Cynthia, and their girls with grandma.


My dad and his beautiful mother!!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shawna said...

It looks like the trip to the temple and party were great! I love all the pictures. It's interesting seeing a pic of your dad with siblings, all very different. Your Grandma is 95! Wow, what a lady! You have a great family.