Sunday, February 26, 2012

Where did that come from??

Paul never ceases to crack us up, yet never ceases to try our patients!! Following are a couple conversations that happened this week...


Sitting at the table for lunch...

Tom(a guy that works for Brandon) - 'Paul you are a good boy. Did you know I have a wonderful life. I have so many things to be thankful for!!'
Paul(with his head down) - 'I have a MISERABLE life!'

A little while later...

Paul - 'Dad...if I'm good the rest of the school year, will you take me and my family to Wyoming??'
Brandon - 'Son...what's in Wyoming? Why would you wanna go to Wyoming?
Paul - 'So we can learn Chinese!' (like duh? why else would we go??)

We are basically home schooling Paul right now until they can get him tested and him qualified for an IEP. He cannot handle the regular classroom setting. Paul has severe RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) and ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). They both are very real and evident in Paul's life. We only pray that the Lord will set people in his path that will help him overcome these issues. Until then...Brandon and I will continue to Love him and teach him the gospel!! We are not sure what our life would be like without our little Paul!!

We LOVE you Paul!!


1 comment:

Kristal said...

What a funny kid. I'm sorry he's having these issues. Looking up ODD, I think Regan might have it. She is such a challenge for us. I can't imagine what struggles you're having to go through with RAD added to it. I know feelings of self doubt/blame can set in. Don't let it. You are a great mom and Paul was sent to you for a reason. Good luck with everything and I'll be praying for you and Paul. Love ya!