Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Great White Hunter...

 I got the awesome privilege of going deer hunting up in Monticello, Utah this past week.  This was the hunt that my Dad was suppose to take me on.  As we got closer to Dad's passing he made my mom and Brandon promise that I would still go.  Going without him was a very hard thing to do...it just didn't feel right.  Even though I knew I would feel him there with me, it was a harsh reminder once again that he was not here with us anymore.  We hadn't even left Heber when I broke down in tears and Brandon looked at me and said 'Do we need to trade in the gun for a box of kleenex?'.    I learned some very valuable lessons while hunting that I will forever be grateful for.  

Thank you Daddy for buying me this tag and for looking down on me while on this crazy journey called hunting!!

 Me and Mr. Dead Deer

 I am happier than I look...I hurt my knee while jumping up from the prone position after shooting  Mr. Dead Deer so I was in pain:)

 Mr. Dead Deer getting skinned...if you look close you can see the bullet hole!  Super glad I had a perfect shot and killed him instantly...not sure I could've walked up to it and shot it again. 
 
 My nephew Cache was my awesome guide.  He was super patient and fun to be with.  He is a pro at what he does and it was a little more personal having him be apart of it.  Grandpa made him promise he would find me the biggest buck this family has ever seen:)

I'm so glad Brandon got to be there with me.  There is nothing I'd ever wanna do without him by my side.  He keeps me grounded when I need it the most!!

3 comments:

cturley said...

Glad you still went!! See what a great deer you got to put on your wall :)

d.jo said...

How awesome! I'm glad that you still went--way to go, Tiff! I cannot believe you found and shot a deer like that--it's HUGE!

Are you ever going to go again, or was once enough? Haha!

Kristal said...

Man, look at the horns on that thing! It's huge! Way to go!