Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Yours!!!



You didn’t give me your eyes
Or the color of your hair
I’ve climbed the family tree and found
There’s no one like me there
Sometimes I’ve felt like a stranger
That came from foreign shores
But look inside my heart you’ll see
That I am yours

You didn’t give me these feet
But you placed them on the right path
You didn’t give me my voice
But you taught me how to laugh
You didn’t give me these hands
But you taught them to open doors
Look at all I am you’ll see
That I am truly yours

Do you think the ones who gave me life will ever know
The gift they gave to me by letting go
I hope somehow that heaven will reveal
The depth of gratitude I’ll always feel

You didn’t give me these arms
But you gave them a family to hold
You didn’t give me my body
But you’ve truly shaped its soul

Your love has given me wings
And how my spirit soars
Knowing that I will always be Forever and Eternally yours.
(Michael McClean)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Deni said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Ginger said...

That is so sweet! I agree with Deni, she is beautiful.

Angie said...

Tiff!! How tender is that! It's so perfect. She is such a beautiful little lady = ) You guys are amazing! I'm so happy she is yours for-EVER what a blessing for her and you guys!

ashley b said...

that is so sweet and perfect. and my heavens i can't get over how gorgeous she is!

Jacob and Sheena Lee said...

Tiff that is such a great poem! Beautiful! Made me tear up!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Hooray! I love you guys so much! So happy for you all. Kiss that sweet baby for me.

Carter's Angels said...

Let me wipe the tears out of my eyes!!! I am so happy for you and for your family! Love you guys!!!! Congrats!!