Monday, June 29, 2009

Another NEW/well Kind of new Addition

We have had this table since we got married. It was given to us by my awesome sister, Jami, and has seen many meals, projects, & messes. BUT...since the size of our family has grown tremendously over the past couple years it just wasn't workin. We were having to eat it shifts and couldn't ever put the food on the table, having to dish everything up at the stove. It made it very hard to have a nice family dinner. So we had to say goodbye...




So say hello to our newest addition...


My sister-in-law Gay's friend bought this at a yard sale and her husband fixed it up! I bought it for $100 and it is SO sturdy and HUGE!! It has TWO leafs(SP) that go with it and I think it is AWESOME!!! Now we are faced with finding chairs to go with it, so until then we will still eat in shifts and serve from the stove!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Very nice! I bet you do need a HUGE table for your family!!!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Awesome! I love garage sales! Good luck on finding chairs.

mrs_jpyatt said...

That is an AMAZING table! I would go to thrift stores or yardsales and see if you can find a bunch the right amount of matching chairs and just redo them! I know you have alot going on but I think you guys could totally do it! And you could make them however you wanted them! We cover the cushions with a great fabric! Oh wow Im getting excited for you! A dining table is such a great place for a family to gather!

mrs_jpyatt said...

Wow I just realized I cant type tonight! I meant to say re cover the cushions! LOL!